Men and women in law enforcement know that the best way to prevent crime is to solve it. Yet severe budget cuts have severely hampered local law enforcement’s ability to protect our families. More and more current and retired members of our law enforcement community are speaking out against California’s dysfunctional death penalty system and in support of SAFE California. Here are their stories:
- John Van de Kamp John Van de Kamp is the former Attorney General of California, and the former Los Angeles County District Attorney.
- Darryl Stallworth Darryl Stallworth served as a Deputy District Attorney of the Alameda County District Attorney's Office from 1992 - 2007.
- Gil Garcetti Gil Garcetti served 32 years in the District Attorney's Office in Los Angeles.
- Jeanne Woodford Jeanne Woodford is a former Warden of San Quentin who oversaw four executions.
- LaDoris Cordell LaDoris Cordell served as a state court judge in Santa Clara County for 19 years.
- Steven Fajardo Steven Fajardo has 30 years of experience in law enforcement, beginning in East Harlem with the New York City Police Department and then moving to Oakland, California.