Murder Victim Families
A growing number of families of murder victims are choosing to speak out to say that the death penalty does not help them, and to share their most personal and painful stories of loss. Each has survived the unimaginable: the murder of a child, a parent, a sibling, a neighbor or a friend. Here are their stories:
- Deldelp Medina Ms. Medina’s aunt was murdered by her own son, Ms. Medina’s first cousin, during a psychotic breakdown.
- Lorrain Taylor Ms. Taylor is mother to twin boys, Albade and Obadiah, who were gunned down in 2000 at the age of 22. The killer is still at large.
- Judy Kerr Ms. Kerr's brother, Bob Kerr, was killed in 2003. During this traumatic time, Ms. Kerr needed grief counseling for her family and herself, and she needed to know who killed her brother.
- Aqeela Sherrills Mr. Sherrills is a prominent anti-violence organizer whose son, Terrell, was murdered in Los Angeles.
- Ronnie Sandoval Ronnie's son, Arthur Carmona, was wrongfully convicted and sent time in prison for a crime he did not commit. Soon after his release from prison, he was murdered.